I love to start my day with a smoothie! It‘s a nutritious way to get a lot of fruits and veggies that my body needs after hours of fasting from sleeping. Plus, it is easy and quick to make. As I am not a morning person at all, this is a huge bonus.
2 handfuls of kale
1-2 cups coconut water
1 cup frozen mango (or tropical blend medley)
3 TBS aloe vera gel
Instructions: Throw everything in a blender or Vitamix. Add a handful ice to make it extra cold when blending or pour it over ice and enjoy!
Here are some fun facts about the ingredients in this power smoothie.
- Provides over 100% of your daily vitamin A, C and K needs.
- It is also an excellent source of calcium and iron
- Love this quote! “Every leaf of kale you chew adds another stem to your tree of life.” Ancient Turkish Saying
- Mangos are packed with over 100% of your daily vitamin C needs and also include other goodness like Vitamin A and fiber.
- Nature’s electrolyte drink!
- Did you know? – Coconut water was used as an IV drip in WWII as a hydration fluid.
- The gel inside the leaf contains over 75 different nutritional compounds making it a great source to help heal your stomach, which is where 70% of your immune system lives.
Now if you want to put a little extra goodness in this smoothie you can choose from some of the ideas below or add your own. I always put a protein powder in my smoothies to up the nutritional value and add some flavor to cover up some of the “green” taste.
1 scoop of Fiber Blend like Garden of Life Super Seed
1 tbs of flaxseeds or chia seeds
1 scoop of your protein powder of choice. I use Vega choc-o-lat protein powder or SoCal Cleanse Protein Powder