It’s hard to come up with gift ideas these days. You want to be creative and unique, but you also want it to be something that they will appreciate and use. I love it when people take the time and effort to do something handmade.
I am the type though that gives “safe” gifts of gift cards or something I know the person will use. Perhaps I could up my creativity game so lately I have been experimenting with giving out homemade essential oil gifts.
In order for me to do this it can’t take too long because I will lose focus (and patience) with everything else I have on my plate.
Each of these essential oil gifts can be made in less than 10 minutes. If you want to get even more crafty you can add pretty labels to them so it feels extra special.
The hidden beauty of these gifts is that you are giving not only a thoughtful gift, but will benefit their health as well. Our skin is our largest organ and it soaks up the toxins in many of the store bought bath and beauty products. Making your own not only lowers your toxin exposure, but it also saves you money in the long run!
Giving these essential oil gifts will make those receiving them feel extra special. While you are at it, you should make one or two for yourself!
10 Easy DIY Essential Oil Gifts
- Lavender Pillow Spray – In a 2 ounce glass bottle with a spray top, add 20-40 drops of Lavender Therapeutic-grade essential oil of your choice then fill the bottle with distilled or spring water. Shake and then spray on your pillow before bed!
- Room Spray – In a 2 ounce glass bottle with a spray top, add 20-40 drops of a therapeutic-grade essential oil of your choice then fill the bottle with distilled or spring water. Shake and then spray as needed!
- Reed “Diffuser” – In a glass bottle with a small neck or opening at the top, fill with 1/4 cup carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil or almond oil plus 25-30 drops of your favorite therapeutic-grade essential oil. Gently stir then add 4-5 reeds. It will take some time for the scent to travel up the reeds so you may want to rotate them every few hours.
- Bath Salts – use this recipe and a cute glass container!
- Body Wash – user this recipe and cute container! It can be plastic if none of the oils have citrus!
- Perfume Roll-on – In a small roller glass bottle, add 10-15 drops of your favorite essential. Shake and roll on your skin. Great to throw in your purse!
- Hand Sanitizer – In a 2 ounce glass bottle with a spray top, add 20-40 drops of Thieves or another Therapeutic-grade essential oil of your choice then fill the bottle with distilled or spring water. Shake and then spray on your hands as needed. For a “thicker” option, try this recipe!
- Lip Balm – Melt 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil over low heat, add 10 drops of your favorite oil, stir and pour into small jar. Let it cool and once solid it is ready to go. Note, this will melt in high heat so I recommend to put this in a makeup bag before dropping it in a purse just to be safe.
- Deodorant – In a 2 ounce glass bottle, add 15-25 drops of Therapeutic-grade lavender oil and magnesium oil for an easy DIY deodorant. You may only want to give this to close family members who won’t think you are trying to tell them something!
- DIY Oil Kit – Give them the ingredients in any of the above recipes and a bottle of essential oil so they can make their own! Lavender is always a great go-to!
These are low-key great ideas for yourself or to give as gifts to others. I hope these ideas get your creative juices flowing. What other DIY or homemade gifts have you given using essential oils?
P.S. After my research, I chose Young Living as my brand of choice. There are other good brands out there as well. Just do your homework! If you want more info about young Living feel free to ask. My member number for reference is #1751247!