I truly believe in the power of nature and the health benefits we can gain from using therapeutic grade essential oils. Essential oils are a great tool to have in your toolbox to help you proactively use nature in your everyday life. Today we are going to shine the spotlight on frankincense.
Frankincense, has been part of spiritual ceremonies for thousands of years. It was most famously referenced in the Bible, which in those times was considered more valuable than gold.
Even more impressive, this essential oil can support the limbic system of the brain, which is responsible for our emotions and feelings related to survival. Talk about uplifting your emotional, mental and physical health! Here are a few more ways Young Living suggests we use frankincense:
- Concentration: Use 1-2 drops Frankincense oil on temples and back of neck.
- Immune System: Apply 1-3 drops Frankincense oil on each foot to support the immune system.
- Blister: Dilute Frankincense oil 50/50 with coconut or jojoba oil and apply to a blistered area 3-5 times daily.
- Insect Bites: Put a drop of Frankincense oil on an insect bite.
- Depression: Diffuse or inhale from the bottle to help with mood elevation.
- Brittle Nails: Apply 1-3 drops Frankincense on nails and at base of nails, 3 times per week.
- Stretch Marks: Rub a few drops on stretch marks 2 times a day.
- Cysts: Apply 1-2 drops on cyst 2 times a day.
- Skin Health: Apply 1-2 drops Frankincense oil on sun damaged skin spots 2 times a day.
- Warts: Put 2 drops on wart 2 times a day.
- Breast Health: Rub 2-3 drops on breasts and lower abdomen everyday.
This is a very pricey and special oil so I am very conscientious of how and when I use it. I have diffused it at night with lavender oil and it smells amazing! How do you use this sacred oil?
If you are interested in learning more about how you can tailor the use of essential oils to your life and for your needs contact me at email@example.com.
Image Credit: Gerry & Bonni via Flickr