I truly believe in the power of nature and the health benefits we can gain from using therapeutic grade essential oils. Essential oils are a great tool to have in your toolbox to help you proactively use nature in your everyday life. Today we are going to shine the spotlight on the blend, Purification.
Purification essential oil is a blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Melaleuca (aka Tea Tree), Lavandin and Myrtle, formulated for diffusing to help neutralize disagreeable odors.
I personally use this oil when the air feels stale or when cooking something pungent like wild-caught salmon. There are plenty of others ways you can experience the best benefits of Purification essential oil. Young Living shares the following examples and methods.
- Air Purifier / Freshener. Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors. You can also put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office, car, hotel room or enclosed areas.
- Insect Bites. Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites.
- Skin Blemishes. Apply a drop of Purification oil on blemishes.
- Sore Throat. Rub a drop of Purification oil on the outside of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
- Sneaker Odors. Put 2 drops of Purification oil on 2 cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
- Insect Repellant. Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can tailor the use of essential oils to your life and for your needs contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image credit: Dennis Wong via Flickr