Hey, I’m Alison. I'm an author, coach, and wellness advocate.
Alison Brehme started her corporate career in advertising and marketing in 2003. She's worked with Fortune 500 technology companies, consumer brands and freelanced for advertising agencies. After all of the long hours, travel, and constant stress, her workaholism caught up to her, taking a toll on her health and personal life, leading her to take a break from her career.
During that hiatus, her grandmother's health declined. In 2016, she put her business plans and life on hold to be one of her grandmother's live-in caretakers. After her grandmother passed away, the grief impacted Alison's health and landed her in the hospital in 2017 and again in 2018. After recovering and changing her lifestyle habits, she was ready to move forward in her business ideas.
But in 2019, her grandfather landed in the hospital and needed around the clock care. Once again, she paused everything to respond to her family's needs. God shifted her focus from the corporate world and, through deep reflection, found a theme that kept repeating in her life - grief.
Throughout the losses of her career, health, finances, relationships, and the death of loved ones, friends, and coworkers - Alison learned that our emotions and vulnerability are to be embraced, not feared. Because God is with us through every season of life, and even though we try, we were never meant to carry the weight of it alone.
To shine a light on the unspoken aspects of grief
So we'll find the courage to be more vulnerable with others, instead of “toughing it out” and handling the heartache alone.
A Few of My Favorite Things...
My Expertise Qualifications
- Certified Grief Coach and Joy Restoration Coach
- Certified as an aromatherapists, holistic health practitioner, transformational nutrition coach, and corporate wellness consultant.
- 9,125 hours of live-in caregiving experience
- 18+ years in advertising, marketing and media.
- Author of Fatal Flaws of Employee Wellness Programs.
- Published or quoted in over 30 articles, including USA Today, Fast Company, Glassdoor.com, USA Weekly, Well.org, and Corporate Wellness Magazine.
- Coached and mentored over 85+ students in corporate wellness and holistic nutrition.
Let's Stay Connected
Tips that will encourage, comfort and bring you inner-peace. Only one email per week.
P.S. This stuff won't be on social media.